Pre-School/Early Years Bus Safety Program
- A Pre-School Bus Safety program will be coordinated by the HPSTS General Manager and scheduled by the School Bus Company.
- The schedule of dates will be drawn up between the School and the School Bus Contractor and dates are to be provided to HPSTS.
- The O.P.P. Community Services Officer or the local police in a town School will participate as available.
- The program will last approximately one hour and includes a video, a bus ride and crossing the road with the bus, with refreshments served afterwards as determined by the School.
- It is the responsibility of each elementary School Principal or designate to ensure the following are supplied when they arrive at your School:
- Two responsible senior students (grade 7/8) to assist with the program;
- Name tags for each child – first name only;
- Milk or juice and cookies for each child as determined by the School;
- Coffee or juice for the Parents or Guardians as determined by the School;
- A TV and a VCR/DVD/Projector
Bus Evacuation Program
Coordinated and scheduled by the School Bus Company and School Staff with dates and times provided to HPSTS.
- Review bus riding responsibilities and review the “BUS RULES” Sign (eating/anaphylaxis) by School Bus Company Safety Team.
- Importance of evacuation plan in case of an emergency and stressing the importance of older students taking responsibility.
- Hydro wires and engine fire
- Bus moving (School Bus Driver collapses)
- Use of Radio & Identify all Safety Equipment and Lights
Assembly in Gym (including Teaching Staff);
- Complete a rear door evacuation
- Demonstration of a side window evacuation by the School Bus Company Safety Team and student helpers (as required).
Demonstration in Bus (Students and School Bus Drivers)